The Ayos HCS allows you to manage and setup your disks either standalone, RAID0, RAID1 or RAID5. The options allowed depends on the amount of "user" disks the system has available and if they are in use already.
During ordering you can add 2x SATA SSDs to your Ayos HCS. If you want to extend the amount of storage afterwards you can connect up to 4 extra USB external disks.
The system will detect your connected disks and allow you to format and assign a filesystem to use.
A few examples.
- Two SATA SSD disks as standalone disks each
- Navigate to Filer and then click Disks.
- In the disks overview you can see all provisioned (in-use) disks. New disks show on top as show in the screenshot.
- To be able to configure disks differently their configuration needs to be removed, which would remove any data that might still be on the disk, so be sure to know which disks to delete.
- If you have two new disks available to configure you have the option to create a standalone, RAID0 or RAID1. If you have more then two disks you have an extra option to create a RAID5 as well.
- Two SATA SSD disks as RAID0
- Two SATA SSD disks as RAID1
- Two SATA SSD disks and one external USB disk as RAID5
- Three external USB disk as RAID0