- Local Network Monitoring
- Local network monitoring shows data send and receive for clients and internet addresses. It gives an overview of the Name and IP of the client or internet address how much data has been sent and how much data has been received. The last seen column shows the how long ago network activity has been seen.
- Switch ports
- The switch ports gives an overview of the state of the 4 switch ports in the HCS. Green means the port has an active connection. Yellow means the port is active but has no connection. Grey means the port is shutdown and connecting a device to it will not allow a connection unless the port is activated.
Upstream traffic optimisation
- Upstream traffic optimisation
- This allows you to remove so called bufferbloat. Bufferbloat is the undesirable latency that comes from a router or other network equipment buffering too much data. It is a huge drag on Internet performance created, ironically, by previous attempts to make it work better. The one-sentence summary is “Bloated buffers lead to network-crippling latency spikes.” Each connection is different though, which means for optimal results you would want to run a couple of speedtests to see what speeds you are getting. Then enable upstream traffic optimisation and run a couple of speedtests again to see the difference and which works better for your situation.
- Home Anywhere
- Home anywhere provides you with a private encrypted tunnel to your home from anywhere in the world. It allows you to access all your files, services and provides protection even when you are on the road. Enable Home anywhere which allows you to use up to 5 clients. When you create a new home anywhere client a configuration is generated which can be downloaded on your device. This configuration can be imported in the home anywhere client (Wireguard) and you are done. Enable the wireguard connection when you are not at home to still be able to access your services. There is also an option to enable the wireguard connection by enabling on-demand. On-demand allows for the connection to be setup as soon as you're not connected anymore to you home wifi, making sure you are always protected behind your HCS and able to access your apps and services.